Sunday, October 19, 2008

Second Visit to Oil City--October 19, 2008

Howdy, All,

Andrew and I drove out to Oil City to look at the previous Short Listed homes and to look at a few more.

I didn't tell you how much the homes cost in Oil City...you probably wouldn't believe me!

But, here goes. The home that we decided to put a bid on is over 2000 sq ft living space on the first and second floors with 4 bedrooms and 1 1/2 baths. The third floor has a small apt that will be my office and is not included in the sq footage quoted above. There is a 3 car detatched garage with a sizeable loft for my workspace. All for 33k. Yep, told you that you wouldn't believe me.

This is our retirement option # 2. The first one didn't pan out (save like crazy while living in the Philly burbs--doesn't work in this economy)

So, we will go to World's End State park to the cabin we rented for the rest of the week and go hiking with our friend, Doug, who lives up that way and we will wait to hear if our bid was accepted!

:)